Several states have been or will be impacted by Hurricane Irma, which means some of our MDA families will be impacted as well.
If you live in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina or Virginia you can find emergency resources specific to your state below as well as a general list of additional MDA resources.
Florida State Resources
- Florida Health: Emergency Response System
- Water Restoration Group: Emergency Resources
- Volunteer Florida: Emergency Management
- The State of Florida Emergency Hotline has been activated 24/7. For up to date information regarding Hurricane Irma, call 1-800-342-3557
- Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services: 800-435-7352
- Florida Insurance Claim Hotline: 800-277-8676
Georgia State Resources
- Georgia Emergency Management & Homeland Security Agency
- Georgia Emergency Communications Resources
- Georgia Emergency Response Resources
- Download the Ready Georgia app.
- Click here for shelter information: Information on Red Cross shelters currently open can be found by clicking the link above. Contact your local Emergency Management Agency for additional information on good Samaritan shelters that may be available locally.
North Carolina State Resources
- HUD: Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance: North Carolina
- NC Health & Human Services: Disaster Preparedness
- NC Public Safety: Hurricane Irma Tracking an Information
- Ready NC
Virginia State Resources
- VA Department of Emergency Management
- VA State Bar: Disaster Resources
- VA Emergency Response Resources
Important Phone Numbers:
In order to find a hurricane shelter close to you, you can text the word “shelter” and your zip code to the number 4-F-E-M-A or 4-3-3-6-2.
Emergency referral line: 211
FEMA Registration: 800-621-3362 | 800-462-7585
Elder Affairs: 800-963-5337
Unemployment Claims Emergency Hotline: 800-204-2418
American Red Cross: 1-800-HELP-NOW
State Farm: 800-732-5246
USAA (Military): 800-531-8222