Here at MDA, we are working to ensure all contact information is up-to-date for those who are registered in order to serve you as well as we possibly can. If your dependent has recently turned 18, please encourage them to email our MDA National Resource Center, at email@example.com, to update their contact information and to hear what’s new at MDA. This way, MDA will be able to better communicate with your loved one regarding upcoming events, programming, and resources like our Care Centers that may be of interest to them.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to share our available educational materials and programming that are especially beneficial for young adults. Listed below are resources and information on MDA’s initiatives.
Building Relationships: MDA Engage: Creating Strong Connections & Relationships
- MDA Engage: Preparing for the Future – Finding the Best College & Career for You
- MDA Access to Higher Education
- Quest PodCast: Buses, Trains & Automobiles – Getting from Point A to Point B
- Quest Articles:
- MDA Let’s Play: If you want a fun interactive way to get to know others in the MDA community you may want to join MDA in one of our weekly game-a-thon events through Let’s Play for MDA!
- MDA Mental Health Hub: https://www.mda.org/community-ed/mental-health-hub
- Quest article: https://www.mda.org/quest/article/mental-health-is-for-everyone
Online Communities for Support:
- MDA National Connections Program: MDA is helping members of the neuromuscular disease community build bonds with one another. You can choose to be matched based on criteria including diagnosis, age, or interests, and you can note your preferred form of communication. MDA Care Center Specialists will help you connect to other individuals living with a neuromuscular disease, caregivers, parents, spouses, or siblings once you have completed the National Connections waiver.
Public Policy & Advocacy:
- MDA Advocacy Institute: Monthly educational webinars provide advocates with grassroots skills, timely news on issues that are important to the neuromuscular community, and updates from Capitol Hill and Federal agencies.
- MDA Advocacy: Visit this website to learn more about how to lend your voice to the cause, see who your elected officials are, and learn of the current initiatives MDA is working on, or text MDAUSA to 50457.
Raising a Family: MDA Engage Webinar: Your Future, Your Family and Neuromuscular Disease
If you have any questions about the above programming, or need additional support/resources, please do not hesitate to reach out to the MDA Resource Center at 833.ASK.MDA1 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help through one-on-one support to help navigate through programs, services, activities, and more.