MDA Amplify is a new mobile app that revolutionizes the way you — an MDA supporter, partner or family — can share MDA news on your own social media channels. To become an MDA Amplifier, download the MDA Amplify app from iTunes or Google Play store (it’s free!), connect your personal social media accounts, and receive notifications on your phone when there is an MDA-supplied post to approve. Amplifiers review the posts and, when you click to approve, the app automatically posts the content to your profiles as if you posted it yourself!
- You’ll be the first to know about MDA content that is tailored to your interests.
- Together, our message can go further; Amplify allows news of MDA’s life-saving work to travel farther than it could if it were only posted to MDA’s channels.
- You’ll be an early adopter of a technology that will allow MDA to expand its presence, relevance and resonance in the digital space. The more people with whom we share the news of our good work, the more people MDA will be in a position to help.
1. Download MDA Amplify for free from the app store via your Android or iOS phone.
2. Choose and join a group based the updates you’d like to share.
- Advocacy Info and Alerts: Join this group to share news of MDA’s legislative and policy initiatives.
- Fill the Boot Updates: Join this group if you are an IAFF fire fighter or local social media coordinator who would like to share more about IAFF and MDA’s long partnership.
- MDA Lock Up Updates: If you’ve done a little time for MDA, this is your group.
- Muscle Walk Updates: For Muscle Walk team captains, walkers and other supporters.
- News for Clinicians: If you are a provider in an MDA Care Center and want to share news of our work in this area, please join this group.
- News for MDA Families: For individuals — and the families who love them — for whom MDA is fighting.
- News for Researchers: If you have received a grant from MDA or specialize in neuromuscular research, updates sent to this group will be of interest to you.
- Research Updates: Join this group if you are interested in sharing news about MDA’s work funding treatments and cures for muscle-debilitating diseases.
- Shamrocks Updates: Do you sell Shamrocks? Do you buy Shamrocks? Join us to help turn social media green in March.
- Summer Camp News: For former campers, parents of current campers and counselors past and present.
- Team Momentum Updates: Members of MDA’s endurance program won’t want to let these updates pass them by.Please note: You may join more than one group, but you may be sent duplicate content to approve. In this case, you only need to approve one post and delete all others. If you approve all, the content will then appear multiple times on your profiles.
3. Connect your personal social networks to the app. Be sure to accept all permissions. The app will never post anything without your permission.
4. Permit the app to send push notifications to let you know when new information is available.
5. Approve MDA-supplied posts or edit them to make them your own.
6. That’s it — you’re an Amplifier!
If you have questions about Amplify, please email email@example.com