Hometown: Oakland, CA
Diagnosis: I was diagnosed with Bethlem myopathy. Bethlem myopathy is a type of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy—a group of disorders affecting voluntary muscles, mainly those around the hips and shoulders.
Favorite School Subject/Activities: My favorite subjects are leadership and geometry.
Favorite People: My favorite person is Ellen DeGeneres and I also love my dogs Ronnie and Pepe.
Interests: I have many interests including film making, laughing, reading, swimming and advocating for the MDA community.
My favorite things about MDA: I really appreciate being surrounded by people who understand my experience as a person with MD which is one of the most important parts about me.
5 Fun Facts about Me:
- My favorite TV show is Veronica Mars
- Ellen DeGeneres & Portia De Rossi are my favorite celebrity couple
- I’m president of my class
- I enjoy playing Bridge with my grandparents
- I’m a youth film maker with the Bay Area Video Coalition
Sign up to learn more about how you can help kids like Sylvia live longer and grow stronger.